- To provide WIC participants the opportunity to purchase locally-grown fresh fruits, vegetables and herbs at farmers' markets;
- To provide WIC participants with nutrition education and the resources to encourage the consumption of fresh fruits, vegetables and herbs; and
- To increase the awareness and use the farmers' markets.
The WIC FMNP provides a one-time food benefit per growing season. Each family receives checks that are redeemed at local farmers’ markets from June through October.
Check out the dates and times!
Veggin’ Out Recipes
- Adapted from http://oneidacountypublichealth.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/How-Does-Your-Garden-Grow.pdf
How to Choose, Prepare, Cook, & Store Fruits and Vegetables
- Choose: http://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/wic/Fmnp/fruitvegchart.htm#shoptip;
- Prepare, Cook & Store: http://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/wic/cards/fmnp/index.htm