If your septic system is failing and you live in either Eau Claire or another participating County, you might be eligible for a grant which can pay up to 60% of the cost of a new POWTS if all the following requirements are met:
- You own the residence or business with the failing system.
- The residence with the failing sewer is the owner's primary dwelling (not a cabin or rental property) and is occupied at least 51% of the year by the owner.
- Combined adjusted gross annual income of private home owners is less than $45.000.
- Incomes between $32,000 and $45,000 receive reduced rates. If your income falls in this category, contact the Health Department to see if you are eligible to receive funding.
- Farmers or small businesses must have annual gross revenue of less than $362,500, and have a daily wastewater flow rate of less than 5,000 gallons per day.
- The residence with the failing septic system was constructed prior to July 1, 1978.
- The septic system is failing to groundwater, evidence of seasonal groundwater saturation, or surface water.
- The Health Department has verified that your system is failing before the septic system replacement work begins.
- You application is submitted within 3 years from the date the Health Department verifies that you system is failing.