The 2nd annual awards recognize individuals, businesses, and organizations' successful work in creating a more sustainable Eau Claire. The awards are also meant to encourage all residents, businesses, community groups, and non-profits to implement similar actions.
- Application Deadline: April 10th
- Sustainability Advisory Committee's selections: April 18th
- Awards Ceremony: Monday, June 5th - World Environment Day (“Connecting People to Nature” theme)
Call 715-839-4914 if you have questions related to nomination process, eligibility, or selection.
The first awards were issued on Earth Day, April 22, 2016. Click on the winners presentation to learn more.
Winners for 2016:
- Energy: Renewables, Efficiency or Conservation – Lynn Thompson, Eau Claire Energy Cooperative
- Environmental Education – SDS Architects, Inc.
- Exceptional Natural Resources Steward – Mike & Connie Olson, Micon Cinemas
- Green Building Design - Zach Halmstad & Pablo Properties
- Green Products or Practices – Earthbound Environmental Solutions, LLC
- Local, Sustainable, Healthy Food – Festival Foods - Eau Claire
- Special Award: Co-Founder – David L. F. Duax
- Student Leadership – Student National Environmental Health Association (SNEHA) UW-Eau Claire
- Sustainable City Staff – Rod Bonesteel
- Transportation Innovations – Jeremy Gragert
- Waste Reduction, Composting or Recycling – REACH, Inc.
- Waste Reduction, Composting or Recycling – Phillips Medisize - Phillips Medical - Eau Claire